A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

These wreaths are all over the place, so I can't really take credit for the idea. But I can take credit for my way of doing it! I started out with a wreath form and two differed sizes of Styrofoam balls, yarn and a bunch of ornaments.

Wrapping the Styrofoam balls takes a lot more yarn than you'd think. I used my entire stash of red and green yarn. It's also harder than it looks - I thought this would be an easy one hour project, but it probably took an hour just to get the balls wrapped up. After figuring out the first one, the rest just followed course. You want to be careful not to use too much yarn or your Styrofoam balls are going to get really big really fast.

Next comes my friend, the hot glue gun. Hot glue your yarn balls to the wreath form, then start with the ornaments. I used the largest ones first, then the medium sized, ending with the smallest ornaments to cover up any holes. The ornaments need to be glued in several spots to make sure they're secure.
Hang your wreath on the door and enjoy!

Posted by Picasa
Items purchased:
Styrofoam balls, 2 sizes (Dollar General)
Red ornaments, various sizes (Dollar General)
Wreath form and hook (AC Moore)

Items owned:
Yarn from stash used
Hot glue gun and sticks
Green ornaments, two sizes


This post will be linked at:





No comments:

Post a Comment