A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby Moccasins


These Baby Moccasins are just the most adorable things. I used the pattern from The Purl Bee for Whit's Knits Baby Mocs, with a few changes. First, I used the yarn I had left over from the Drops Baby Cardigan that I finished a while ago, Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. I used the color 'fisherman' for the body of the moc and 'blossom' for the accent color. I bought a bunch of the blossom for a blanket that I haven't started yet. Since the wool yarn is much thicker than the pattern calls for, I used my size #8 dpns to knit with (this yarn actually calls for a #13, but the pattern is written on #2 and #4). You can see where the gauge would be severely off.

In case you're interested in doing it my way, with a 4 stitch gauge instead of a 6 stitch gauge, e-mail me for the changes I made to the Purl Bee's pattern.



Posted by Picasa

This post will be linked at:





No comments:

Post a Comment