A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

OF







My goal for 2010 was to read 100 books. I met my challenge with my last book, Bag of Bones by Stephen King. Instead of setting a new goal for myself, I'm just going to continue being an overachiever. :)

Book #101 for 2010 was The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice. I read the first book in this series, Interview with a Vampire, and had traded to get the second two books The Vampire Lestat and The Vampire Armand, which sat on a shelf for a very long time. I dug them out intending to read them during the RIP V challenge, but... life happened. I had a couple books come in from the library that I wanted to get through first.

The Vampire Lestat is the story of Lestat, first introduced as Louis's maker in Interview with a Vampire. It begins with Lestat's re-awakening in 1984, then goes waaaay back in time to when Lestat was a human, telling the story of how he became a vampire and the stories of a couple older vampires.

This book, while containing a lot of action, is more character-driven than plot-driven. We are able to see how Lestat changes and becomes what and who he is, as well as how Louis's depiction of him in the first book was inaccurate and unfair. I really enjoy Rice's writing style, but this book did have several dragging parts. I didn't fly through it like I did Interview.

3/5 stars

This book is available from Amazon.com, but my copy is from Paperbackswap.com, where you can trade books you no longer need for credits to get books from other readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment