A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bag of Bones by Stephen King

OF








Book #100 of 2010 is Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I read this as part of the RIP V Challenge and as the October book for the Nest Book Club (join the discussion today).
This one is another long book for me, and took awhile to get through because my reading time was limited the past couple weeks. This book is advertised as a haunted love story, and I halfway agree. Haunted? Yes. A love story? That's a stretch.
The main character's wife dies at the beginning of the story, and he spends the next four years basically catatonic with grief. Then he stumbles upon some information about his wife that he's unprepared for, and with the introduction of a powerful bullying grandfather trying to steal his grandchild from a young and poor single mother and the discovery that his house is haunted, this guy is in for one wild ride.
I consider myself to be a Stephen King veteran, and this is definitely one of his better books.

4/5 stars

This book is available from Amazon.com, but I got it from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment