A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin flowerpot

This idea comes from Martha Stewart Living. Instead of a real pumpkin, I used a fake carvable pumpkin 'Funkin' (now 75% off at Michael's), and instead of using fresh flowers I used a potted plant.

Measure the circumference of the top of your pot (mine was 9 inches) and using a sharp knife cut a corresponding circle in the top of the pumpkin. Since my flowerpot is smaller than my pumpkin, I made my cuts with a sligtly slanted edge so that the pot would balance on the pumpkin. You could also put newspapers or some other filler inside the pumpkin to bring your pot to the correct height.

Tada!

Items purchased:

Carvable pumkin (Michael's)

Potted plant (Home Depot)

Items owned:

Knife, measuring tape, pencil for marking cuts on pumpkin

Time spent: 15 minutes

Difficulty: Very easy

Also shown in bottom photo: Mums in jack-o-lantern pot (both from Home Depot), small sugar pumpkin (Cox Farms) and wooden outdoor table (rescued).

No comments:

Post a Comment