A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Passage by Justin Cronin



OF









Book #99 for 2010 is The Passage by Justin Cronin. I read this book as part of the RIP V challenge.
The Passage is a really long book for me. I picked it up and put it down a couple times during the first couple hundred pages, but every time it got slow or redundant something happened that really grabbed me and then I'd miss my metro stop. I have been enjoying post-apocalyptic and dystopian books lately, and this one falls right into that category.
The sickness that brings about the plot line is similar to books I've read before, or movies I've seen. But this book takes the end-of-the-world a little farther, makes it a little more personal, and that's what makes it completely different from The Stand or I am Legend, and a lot of other books and movies that are out there. The writing is exceptional, and everything is explained in a way that completely draws you into the character's world and into their lives.
And the end! I love/hate it when a book ends in a way I am not expecting. It makes me want to strangle/hug the author. After all, there's very little difference between a bear hug and a good shaking, right?

4.5/5 stars

This book is available at Amazon.com, but I got it from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment