A little bit about me.

I love tutorials. If I follow a tutorial, even if I don't do it perfectly, I always link to theirs. All photographs are mine, are never taken from the original tutorial, and are never as good as the original.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Striped toddler scarf



This scarf measures 4" by 48", and is an alternating yellow and pink. I decided the dimensions by looking up the dimensions of a child's scarf at L.L. Bean, and copying that. I want to attempt some more difficult knitting patterns, but first I thought I should re-acquaint myself with the needles. I'd never done a stripe before, and it turned out nice.




Items purchased: Bernat Softee Baby Yarn, one lemon and one pink (JoAnn's)
Items already owned: Size 6 knitting needles (Boyle)
Time spent: roughly 5 hours, it took about a week of spurts of activity
In retrospect: 4" is a pretty thick scarf for that little neck. I'd make it narrower.
Difficulty: Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment